Apple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Apple Upside Down Cake is a dessert made with the delightful combination of caramelized apples with ground cinnamon and chopped nuts. Apple Upside Down Cake dessert is certainly an easy one to make.
I have made Apple Upside Down Cake a number of times. My husband is not a big fan of cinnamon so whenever I make this dessert, I omit our oldest spice cinnamon.For those who love cinnamon flavor, do not add more. Adding 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon is sufficient. If you add more, then the cinnamon flavor would dominate the delicious caramelized apple flavor. For those who dislike cinnamon, omit the cinnamon and make the recipe as given below.
Sometimes, I serve it with an ice cream. If you are looking for similar Upside Down Cake recipe, then you might prefer Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
Tips for a beginner baker:
Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven?
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 30 minutes
Recipe Category. Dessert
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Apple (Coarsely chopped) – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1
Baking powder – 1/3 teaspoon
Any flavoring essence – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In another big bowl, blend butter, sugar, flour, egg, baking powder, and essence one after the other. Whisk well.
4. Grease the cake pan. Cut apples in a desired shape and arrange the cut apples in the pan. The layer of the apples should be thick (preferably 1 -2 inches thick) otherwise the baked apples would turn into applesauce. Then, sprinkle little sugar cinnamon mixture.
5. Pour the blended cake batter over the apples. Sprinkle the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture. Bake the cake for 30 minutes or until you get a good aroma of the apple cake. Check if the cake is ready by running a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then the cake is over.Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
Now, Apple Upside Down Cake is ready!!!
Apple Upside Down Cake recipe below: