Asparagus Peas Pulao Recipe – A simple and flavorful pulao made with basmati rice, asparagus and peas.
I buy asparagus often at home but have tried only few recipes with it. Asparagus Peas Pulao is one of the recipes that I try very often. Asparagus Peas Pulao is very easy and simple to make.
I have made this yummy and tasty pulao for potlucks, birthday parties etc. Kids also love this Asparagus Peas Pulao because it is less spicy. I should say this pulao is similar to Jeera Pulao. If you like Jeera Pulao, then you would definitely like this Asparagus Peas pulao too.
Now, let us see how to prepare this delicious Asparagus Peas Pulao.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Main
Recipe Source. here
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Asparagus – 1 cup (Cut each asparagus into three pieces leaving out the hard part)
Capsicum/Bell Pepper – 1 (Optional)
Green Peas – 1 cup
Onion (sliced) – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds (Seeragam) – 1/2 teaspoon
Water – 2 cups
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Bay Leaf/Brinji Leaf – 1 no.
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – As desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside. In a pan, heat oil. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
2. Add onions and fry until it becomes transparent. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
3. Now, add the rice, bay leaf, coconut milk, water and required salt. Cook the rice on medium flame by covering it with lid for about 10 minutes. Open and stir in between while the rice is getting cooked. If you are using pressure cooker, then on medium flame cook for about two whistles.
4. Once the rice is ready, set it aside, In another pan, heat oil. Saute peas and asparagus for five minutes. By this time, peas and asparagus would be cooked.
5. Now, add the peas and asparagus to the cooked rice and stir once. Garnish using coriander leaves.
Now, the Asparagus and Peas Pulao is ready! Serve with some spicy curry or gravy or even Raita.