Banana bread recipe, vegan banana bread. An easy, moist and delicious bread made with mashed fully ripe bananas.
We usually have bananas at home. Whenever the bananas become very ripe, I make banana oatmeal cookies or this banana bread. Both are our family’s favorite recipes.
Banana bread is a wholesome dish, and you don’t need any accompaniments for it. When we do a road trip for about one hour, I would like to bake this bread and have it during the ride. That way, I don’t have to pack anything for sanvi and shreeya. Usually, Gj does not prefer packing up food items during travel, but he would not say anything if it is banana bread or banana oatmeal cookies.
I have two loaf pans at home: one smaller size and one larger size. I made this no-fail recipe last friday using the smaller loaf pan. If I was going to make this bread in a large size loaf pan, then I would have to use four times the quantity of the recipe. I did not have so many bananas. So, I made this banana bread in a small loaf pan.
Only after baking the bread, I realized that the pan was way too small. For a moment, I thought I’ll post this recipe later, but I do not have enough posts at hand. Sanvi goes to summer camp everyday, so I am not getting enough time to cook or blog. So, I thought I’ll post the recipe now itself. Though the bread looked small in size, there was no change in the taste. Hope you all like it.
Bananas (ripe or over ripe, medium-sized) – 4 nos/300 gms/10.5 ounce
Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups/180 gms
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Nutmeg powder – 2 to 3 pinches (optional)
Sunflower seeds – 1 to 2 tablespoon (optional)
Baking powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch (optional)
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup/125 ml
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degree celsius. In a large mixing bowl, add sliced bananas and sugar. Mash the bananas well or puree them with a hand blender. Now add oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, and nutmeg powder to the banana mixture.
2. Combine the ingredients well. In another large mixing bowl, add the flour along with baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sieve them well.
3. Now add the mashed banana mixture to the flour little by little and fold the sieved flour well. Combine them well only then the whole bread mixture would be uniform in taste. Lastly add the sunflower seeds and fold them again.
4. Grease the loaf pan with some oil and dust it with flour. Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan. Bake at 350 degree F or 180 degree C for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Then flip over the loaf pan and place the bread on a cooling rack. Once the bread cools down, slice them.
Now, banana bread is ready! Serve warm with hot tea.
- You can use coconut oil or sunflower oil.
- You can use brown sugar, unrefined cane sugar or regular granulated sugar.
- Warm up the bread just before serving.
- You can cling wrap the bread or keep in a box in the fridge.
Banana bread recipe, vegan banana bread recipe below: