Beans poriyal Recipe. A healthy and easy stir fried made with beans.
For this beans poriyal recipe, you need only very few spices, beans and little bit of grated coconut. This beans poriyal/beans stir fry will make your life easier during your lazy days. Beans poriyal goes well with sambar, rasam and curd rice.
Preparation time. 10 minutes
Cook time. 15 minutes
Recipe category. side dish
Recipe cuisine. indian
Serves. 2 nos.
Beans (finely chopped) – 1 cup
Coconut (grated) – 3 tbsp
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – as desired
Mustard seeds/kadugu – 1/4 tsp
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu – 1/4 tsp
Red chillies – 2 to 3
Curry leaves – a sprig
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Wash the beans well. Remove the side strings from the beans and then chop them diagonally as shown in the below pictures. Heat oil in a frying pan. On a low flame, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add urad dal. Do not burn the dal.2. Now add curry leaves and red chillies. Once urad dal turns golden brown, add chopped beans. Saute for a minute. Sprinkle water and add salt. Now close the pan and cook the beans. Check in between whilst cooking. If the water dries up before the beans are cooked, sprinkle more water.3. Once the beans are cooked tender, simmer the flame to low and add the grated coconut. Stir well and then switch off the stove.Now, beans poriyal is ready!
- If you want the beans to retain its color while cooking, add a pinch of sugar.
- You can also add green chillies instead of red chillies.
- Adding curry leaves is optional.
- Adding coconut is optional, but the grated coconut gives a very good flavor.
- You can also add a pinch of asafoetida if you wish.
Beans poriyal recipe, beans stir fry recipe below: