Biryani Brinjal Gravy, Biryani Kathirikkai Curry
Biryani Brinjal Gravy is a tangy, sweet and spicy gravy that goes well with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian Biryani.
I had tried several gravies but nothing came near the taste of this Biryani Brinjal Gravy. I learned this recipe from my friend and tried it out. It came out very well. The combination of pepper, tamarind paste, and sesame seeds brought out a tangy, sweet, spicy, and gooey gravy.[spacer height=”20px”]
If you are a lover of sesame seeds, do not add more than the quantity given below otherwise the sesame flavor will dominate the other flavors.
These days, my biryani is not complete without this Biryani Brinjal Gravy.
French Biryani, Mushroom Biryani, Chicken Biryani, and Mutton Biryani.Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. South Indian
Recipe Category. Curry
Brinjal – 1/4 kg
Sesame seeds,Ellu – 3 tablespoon
Mustard seeds, Kadugu – 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds, Vendayam – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds, Seeragam – 1 teaspoon
Peppercorns, Milagu – 1 teaspoon
Onions (Chopped) – 2 nos.
Tomatoes (Chopped) – 3 nos.
Green chillies – 3 to 4 nos.
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Tamarind – lemon size
Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Salt – as desired
Sesame oil (Nallennai) – 3 tablespoons
1. Cut brinjal into big pieces.
2. In a small pan, dry roast fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, and sesame seeds. Let it cool down completely and then grind it to a fine powder.
3. In a pan, heat oil. For this kuzhambu, you need lot of oil for good taste. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle, add fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, pepper, and onions.
4. Saute onions till they are transparent. Then, add salt, turmeric powder, and Ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell of the paste goes off.
6. Finally, add curry leaves and the ground powder. After 3-4 minutes, switch off the stove.
Now, Biriyani Brinjal Kuzhambu is ready! Serve with biryani and enjoy!
- Do not add sesame seeds/ellu more than the quantity given otherwise the sesame flavor will dominate the other flavors.
Biryani Brinjal Gravy, Biryani Kathirikkai Curry recipe below: