Capsicum fried rice recipe, bell pepper fried rice – An easy and flavorful fried rice made with capsicum/bell pepper.
I love fried rice recipe and like to taste them with different veggies. Though I eat capsicum fried rice recipe very often these days, I cannot forget the taste of the fried rice that I had during my childhood days. Ohh my God! My brother used to buy fried rice from a near by restaurant. The fried rice will have smoky flavor and will taste so good. Till date, he refuses to tell me from where he bought the fried rice. He keeps it as a big secret. Also, my father used to buy fried rice from his favorite shop near to his workplace. You have to stand in queue to buy it. The fried rice that we buy here does not have a smoky flavor, but taste so good. I miss both the flavors a lot. Its been 10 years since I had them. I heard from my family that both the restaurants doesn’t exist anymore.
My mushroom fried rice tastes similar to the fried rice that my brother bought. My indian egg fried rice tastes very similar to he fried rice that my father bought during my childhood days. Other healthy fried rice that I make often is egg soyabean sprouts fried rice. Now I am glad to add this capsicum fried rice to my list of fried rice recipes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Recipe category: main course
Recipe cuisine: chinese
Serves: 2 persons
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Capsicum/bell pepper (chopped) – 1 cup
Spring onion (white part, finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
Spring onion (green part, finely chopped) – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp (for garnishing)
Garlic (minced) – 1 tbsp
Ginger (minced) – 1/2 tbsp
Green chilli (finely chopped) – 1 no. (optional)
Soya sauce – 1/2 tbsp
Chilli sauce – 3/4 tsp
Ground black pepper – 1.5 tsp
Salt – as desired
Oil – 1.5 tbsp
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Soak basmati rice in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water and cook the rice with 1 and 3/4 cup of water. The rice grains should be cooked and separated.
2. Fluff the rice off with a fork and spread it on a plate to cool down. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add white part of spring onions and minced garlic. Stir well. Then add minced ginger followed by green chilli. Now add chopped capsicum and saute until it turns little soft.
3. Once capsicum turns little soft, add the cooked rice and stir well gently so that rice doesn’t break.
4. Then add the soy sauce and chilli sauce. Saute in high flame for two minutes and then add the green part of spring onions.
5. Add black pepper powder and salt. Garnish with the remaining green part of the spring onions.
Now, capsicum/bell pepper rice is ready! Serve hot with gobi manchurian, chicken manchurian or even tomato ketchup.
- Be careful while adding soya sauce as it may turn the fried rice salty and dark brown in color. Moreover the taste will also differ.
- While mixing rice with the veggie, do it carefully otherwise rice may break.
- You can add ajinomoto, but I do not add it as it is not very good for health. If you are adding it, then add just before you add rice and sauté it for a minute or so.
- If the capsicum/bell pepper is little soft, it is enough. Do not overcook them until they turn super soft. When capsicum/bell pepper are soft and crunchy, it will taste very good.
- If you do not have time constraint, you can soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- I have used only green capsicum, but you can use yellow, and red capsicum also.
Capsicum fried rice recipe, bell pepper fried rice, kudai milagai sadam recipe below: