Carrot Kheer,Carrot Payasam
Carrot Kheer,Carrot Payasam. A sweet and delicious dessert made with milk, sugar and grated carrots.
My family loves carrot, and I make carrot recipes frequently. For lunch, I would make Carrot Beans Poriyal and Carrot Poriyal. If I have very less carrots at home, then I would combine them with other veggies like cabbage, beans, cauliflower etc.
When I have guests at home, then I make carrot desserts like Carrot Halwa, Carrot Halwa Roll, and Carrot Cupcake. I always wanted to post Carrot Kheer here, but it never happened. I had the opportunity to make Carrot Kheer last week for my friend Natasha. She likes my Carrot Kheer so much and requested me to make it for her. So here is my Carrot Kheer recipe and hope you all like it too.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Dessert
Carrots (grated) – 2 cups
Milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Cashew Nuts (broken) – 8 nos.
Cardamom Powder/Elakkai Podi – a pinch
Saffron Strands – 5 nos.
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
3. In medium-low flame, saute the carrot well until the carrots shrink in size and the raw smell goes away. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes. Then, add one cup of milk, and cook it in low flame until the carrots turn soft and cooked.
Now, Carrot Kheer is ready! Serve warm or cold!
- You can also add roasted almonds or pistachios instead of cashew nuts.
- Blending the carrots is optional. If you wish, you can grind it smoothly. I grind it coarsely just because I like to have bits and pieces of carrots when I relish the Carrot Kheer.
- You can also add coconut milk or condensed milk instead of milk.
- You can also add nutmeg powder instead of cardamom powder.
Carrot Kheer, Carrot Payasam Recipe below: