A flavorful masala!
Cauliflower florets – 1 no.
Potato cubes – 2 to 3 nos.
Finely chopped onion – 1/2 no.
Diced tomato – 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
Finely chopped green chilli – 1 no.
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Amchoor powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Kasoori methi – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5 to 6
Coriander leaves – as desired
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Salt – as desired
1. Wash and cut cauliflower into small florets and put them in hot salted water to kill the germs.
2. Cube the potatoes and soak in cold water to avoid discoloration.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let them sizzle. Now, add chopped green chilies and onion and fry them till they turn golden brown.
4. Now, add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of the paste goes off. Now, add tomatoes and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder, kasoori methi, garam masala and salt in an order. Sim the fire and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
6. When the potatoes are half cooked, add the cauliflower. Cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle a few drops of water if needed. Finally, add coriander leaves.
Now, Cauliflower Potato Masala is ready!!!
Serve: Chappathi, Poori, Sambar, Rasam, and can also be used as a stuffing for Parathas.