Chicken Kuzhambu Recipe, Chicken Curry. An aromatic and authentic South Indian chicken curry made with freshly ground spices.
For some reason, all this while I had been thinking that I posted Chicken Kuzhambu recipe here. Last week, I was planning to make Sri Lankan Chicken Curry and only then I realized that I had not posted Chicken Kuzhambu and Chicken Korma recipes. Then I changed my mind and made Chicken Kuzhambu instead of Sri Lankan Chicken Curry just to take pictures of the kuzhambu. All my friends who have tasted my chicken kuzhambu like it so much. This recipe is very similar to how my mom makes chicken kuzhambu. Hope you all like it.
Other Chicken Curry recipes that you might be interested are:
Pepper Chicken Gravy
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Reference. Chef. Fathima Shahjahan
Recipe Category. Lunch
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Coconut Paste – 1 Cup
Onion (Chopped) – 2 nos.
Tomatoes (Chopped) – 2 nos.
Green Chillies (Slitted) – 2 nos.
Cumin Powder/Seeraga Thool – 1 teaspoon
Pepper Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon
Salt – as required
Oil – 150 gm
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic Pod – 1 no.
Cardamom Pods/Elakka – 2 nos.
Cinnamon – 2 nos.
Cloves – 2 nos.
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grind ginger, garlic, cardamom pods, cinnamon and cloves to a fine paste. Set it aside. 2. In a mixing bowl, add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder, and cumin powder. Sprinkle water and mix well to form a smooth paste.
3. Now add the chicken pieces to it and combine well. Set aside. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan, and then add the chopped onions.
4. Once onions turn light brown, add the ground ginger garlic cinnamon paste and stir well. Cook until the raw smell of the paste goes away. Then add the marinated chicken pieces and stir well.
5. Once the chicken is half-cooked, then add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, curry leaves, and salt. Stir well.Add three cups of water and cook well.
6.Once the oil starts leaving to its sides, simmer the flame.Now add the ground coconut paste and stir well.
7. Cook for about five minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Now, Chicken Kuzhambu/Chicken Curry is ready!
Chicken Kuzhambu Recipe, Chicken Curry recipe below: