Chicken taquitos recipe – An irresistable and crunchy chicken dish made with tortilla and chicken often served with guacamole.
My daughter Sanvi likes corn tortilla, but it all depends on her mood. Once when Vanessa came home, I told Vanessa that I have a pack of corn tortilla that remains untouched. So, I asked her if we could use it for any other recipe. She immediately said chicken taquitos. When she told me the procedure, I was so excited because it was so damn easy to make. It requires just two to three ingredients. We made it for evening sanck, and I had almost six to seven of them. When I had it with lettuce, it tasted even more delicious.
Once Sanvi woke up from her nap, I gave it t her. She just loved it. I should thank Vanessa for teaching me this recipe. I even made this for Shreeya’s first bday party and everyone loved it so much. You should all try this at home, and I am very sure you will like this crispy chicken taquitos. You can also serve it with guacamole.
The other non-veg starters that you might be interested:
chicken 65 (using curd)
chicken mushroom soup
chicken seekh kabab
chicken stuffed paratha
restaurant style tandoori murgh
Preparation time. 5 minutes
Cook time. 30 minutes
Recipe cuisine. indian
Recipe category. main
Chicken (boneless, cooked) – 2 cups
Corn tortilla – 7 to 8 nos.
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – to deep fry
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Shred the chicken with a fork. Add salt and pepper to the shredded chicken and mix well. In a pan without adding oil, warm up the tortillas for few seconds just to soften them up.
2. Transfer it in a plate, and place about two teaspoons of shredded chicken in the center of the corn tortilla. Slowly start rolling the tortilla tightly till you reach the other end. Make sure the stuffing doesn’t come out. Repeat the same for all the corn tortillas.
3. Heat oil for deep frying the tortillas. On medium flame, gently slide the stuffed corn tortilla into the hot oil. Gently flip the corn tortillas one by one and deep fry in batches. When you deep fry the corn tortillas, gently press the end side of the tortillas in the hot oil for few seconds using a spoon. Keep pressing it until the tortillas doesn’t open up. In the second picture, you an see while I was pressing the tortilla using a spoon and taking a picture, the other tortilla opened by because I did not press it in oil. Deep fry the tortilla until crispy and golden brown.
Now, chicken taquitos is ready! Serve hot with shredded lettuce and guacamole.
- You can also saute onions and tomatoes along with shredded chicken and place it in corn tortilla as a stuffing.
- You can also deep fry the corn tortilla first by rolling it as we do, and then place the stuffing later.
Chicken taquitos recipe below: