High on Flavor and Taste!
Corn(Fresh or Frozen) – 1 Cup
Chopped Onion – 1/2
Channa Dal – 1 Cup
Grated Ginger – 1″ Piece
Chopped Red/Green chillies – 4-6
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 Teaspoon
Asaefoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – 1 Spring (finely chopped)
Salt – to taste
Oil – for deep frying
1. Soak the Channa Dal for an hour and coarsely grind it .
2. To this add the corn, onion, red chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, turmeric, curry leaves, asaefoetida and salt.
3. Make balls out of the above mixture, shape them as vadas or cutlets.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the vadai in medium hot oil.
Now, Corn Vadai is ready!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Grease the baking tray or use a parchment paper (can remove the vadas easily) and arrange the vadas in a line. Sprinkle 1 or 2 drops of oil on each vada.
Source. I do not know how I got this recipe. If any one owns this recipe, do let me know. I love giving credits.