Dahi sev puri recipe, dahi puri recipe
Gj and I are a big fan of dahi sev puri recipe, and I make it often during the weekends. When you eat the Dahi Sev Puri, you will get a burst of flavors: sweet, spicy, salty and even sour. I am sure you are going to love it.
One thing that I like about dahi sev puri recipe is that you can customize it however you want. Sometimes, I add boiled potatoes, moong sprouts and even peas. I like to add chilli powder, whereas some of my friends don’t. I have also seen people sprinkling dry mint powder on top of the chaat. Once you have all the ingredients ready, then you can make this chaat in no time.
Earlier, I used to buy the basic ingredients like Sev, green chutney, sweet chutney etc. I always had the feeling that it was very difficult to make it at home. When I made them at home, I just loved the flavor and freshness. Till date, I do not buy the chutneys at stores. Its been three to four years. Yes! Nowadays, I make them in bulk and refrigerate later. Whenever I feel like making chaat recipes, I use them.
Golgappa puri – 8 nos.
Curd/yogurt (Beaten) – 1/2 cup
Green Peas (Boiled) or Green Gram Dal (Boiled) – 1/2 cup
Green chutney – as needed
Sweet chutney – as needed
Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped) – 2 tablespoon
Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Sev – a handful
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the curd/yogurt and mix well. Set aside.
2. Arrange the golgappa puri on the plate. Break the puris in the center to make a hole. I changed from white plate to blue as the white plate looked clumsy with puris. Spoon little peas nearly 1/2 teaspoon of peas on all the puris. Then spoon little green chutney over it.
3. Now spoon sweet chutney over green chutney followed by thick sweetened curd.
4. Now again sprinkle green chutney and sweet chutney on top. Then sprinkle red chilli powder, and chaat masala powder. Finally, sprinkle sev on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
Now, Dahi Sev Puri Chaat is ready! Serve immediately.
- If you have all the ingredients ready, then you can make this chaat in less than 10 minutes.
- Once the chaat is ready, serve it immediately else the puris will become soggy.
- You can also add boiled potatoes as well as chopped onions.
- The quantity of chutneys and curd can be added as per your wish.
- You can also sprinkle cumin powder if desired.