Easy oma biscuit, ajwain biscuit, homemade biscuits
Try this sweet and salty cookies with a cup of tea…It taste so flavorful and delicious. Did I say it is quite easy to make???
Preparation time. 15 minutes
Cook time. 15 minutes
Recipe source. Raks Kitchen
Yield. about 2 cups
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, ajwain, salt, sugar and curd. Then add the oil and ghee. Stir well.
2. Add milk and combine all the ingredients well. Form a smooth dough and knead it well. Make sure the dough does not have cracks. If you think the dough is not smooth enough, you can add an extra teaspoon or two teaspoons of milk.
3. Dust the platform with little flour and then roll the dough into a thin layer. Now use a cookie cutter of your desired shape and cut it into small shapes. Prick them with form to prevent them from puffing up. I used heart and round cutters. Round shapes came out well compared to the heart shaped ones.
4. Preheat oven to 1800C/350F. Grease the baking tray with oil and flour. Bake these biscuits for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the biscuits start to turn golden brown in color.
Now, oma biscuits are ready! Store it in an airtight container.
- Use a bigger cookie cutter to cut the oma biscuits into shapes. I used a small one and believe me, it took a lot of time.
- Biscuits taste more flavorful from next day onwards.
Easy oma biscuit, ajwain biscuit recipe below: