Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe. A very easy and mouthwatering soup made with tomatoes, garlic and a piece of beetroot.
Tomato Soup is one of my favorite soup recipes. Whenever I go to Surguru Hotel in Pondy, I will make sure that I order Tomato Soup from there. It tastes so great.
Though I have tried several tomato recipes, this one is my most favorite one. My other Tomato Soup version also tastes very good, except that it would not have this bright red color.
When I was looking for a tomato soup that has a bright red color, I found this recipe from Raks Kitchen. Then I gave it a try and just loved it. I was amused by the idea of adding a slice of beetroot to get the bright red color. T
ill date, I have tried it several times, and it has always been a hit. Hope you all like this bright colored tomato soup recipe.
Preparation Time. 5 minutes
Cook Time. 25 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Starter
Recipe Reference. Raks Kitchen
Tomatoes (Bright Red, Ripe) – 4 nos.
Beetroot (Small Slices) – 2 nos.
Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves
Black Pepper – as required
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Corn Flour – 1 teaspoon
Bay Leaf – 1 no.
Coriander Leaves – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Cream (Optional) – to garnish
Salt – as required
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a pressure pan, heat butter and add bay leaf followed by chopped garlic. Then add tomatoes, beetroot and a cup of water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
2. Once the pressure releases, open the lid carefully and by now, the tomatoes’ skin will start coming off. Discard the skin and take out the bay leaf. Once the tomatoes cool down completely, blend it to a fine puree without adding water.
3. Strain the tomato puree to remove the seeds.
4. Again heat the soup with the bay leaf, sugar and salt. If you want add little water. Boil for 3-4 minutes.Add the corn flour mixed with 1 tablespoon of water and mix well. Boil until thick consistency reaches.
5. Finally season generously with black pepper, salt and coriander leaves. Garnish with cream if desired.
Now, Tomato Soup is ready! Top it with bread croutons.
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe below: