Egg kuzhambu recipe, muttai kuzhambu, egg curry recipe
I make egg dishes rarely at home. If I make any egg dishes, then it would be an omelette (GYM omelette, rice omelette) most of the times. This egg kuzhambu goes well with rice, chappathi, phulka and even idli/dosa.
When I am lazy, I will make this egg curry so that I can serve it with rice for lunch and with rotis for dinner. Gj loves this egg kuzhambu so much.
I wanted to post this egg kuzhambu recipe for a long time. Finally, I am here with this tasty egg curry recipe.
Beginners, you might want to refer “how to make perfectly hard-boiled eggs everytime“.
Preparation time. 10 minutes
Cook time. 25 minutes
Recipe category. lunch
Recipe cuisine. south indian
Eggs (boiled) – 6 nos.
Onion (chopped) – 2 nos.
Tomato (chopped) – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 and 1/2 tsp [ginger – 1 piece/garlic – 10 nos.]
Green chillies – 4 nos.
Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 3 tbsp
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts – 7 nos.
Cardamom – 2 nos.
Cinnamon – 2 nos.
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grind coconut and cashew nuts to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom and cinnamon. Once they sizzle, add the onions and saute them. Add ginger garlic paste.
3. Once the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes away, add green chillies and tomatoes. When the tomatoes turn soft and mushy, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, and pepper powder.
4. Saute well for 3 to 4 minutes. The raw smell of the masala powders should go away. Add two cups of water and boil well.
5. Reduce the flame to low-medium, and add the ground coconut and cashew paste.
6. Give a quick stir, and add the boiled eggs. Sprinkle coriander leaves and cook for two more minutes. Switch off the stove.
Now, egg kuzhambu/egg curry is ready! Serve hot with rice, idli, dosa and rotis.
- Adding cardamom and cinnamon is optional.
- Simmer the flame and then add the coconut and cashew ground paste.
- Once you add the ground coconut and cashew mixture and eggs, do not cook for more than 5 minutes.
Egg kuzhambu recipe, muttai kuzhambu, egg curry recipe below: