Egg Puffs Recipe
Egg Puffs Recipe. A popular and lip smacking snack that is crispy and crunchy outside and made using eggs and readymade puff pastry.
One of my favorite tea time snack is Egg Puffs. Even now, I will always have a pastry sheet in my freezer. Whenever I am lousy and confused on what snack to make on weekends, I will make this Egg Puffs. They are our family’s favorite snack.
During my childhood days, I used to buy Egg Puff from a nearby bakery called Gita’s Bakery. Just love their Egg Puffs. Not only Egg Puffs, they would make Chicken Puff, Mutton Puff and Veg Puff. My all time favorites are Egg Puff, Vegetable Puff and Chicken Puff. I should say that was the first time I ever tasted Puffs, since then I just love these Puffs so much.
When I came to USA, I did not know that one could make puffs at home. During potluck, one of my friend’s made Vegetable Puff. My happiness knew no bounds when I came to know that making puffs at home is very simple and easy.
I have only posted an easy version of Egg Puff. You can also make Egg Puff similar to bakery. I will post the bakery style Egg Puff recipe soon. Meantime, enjoy this simple and easy Egg Puff and let me know how this turns out.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Bake Time. 20 to 25 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Snack
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut the boiled eggs into half and arrange them in a plate. Sprinkle chaat masala or garam masala, pepper powder and salt on the eggs.2. Make sure the pastry sheet is at room temperature. Divide the pastry sheet into 3 or 4 squares or rectangles.3. Place the egg on the center and join the sides together. Seal the edges of the puff by pressing them gently so that they do not open up while baking. I like them when they are open too, so I occasionally seal them.4. You can also fold one side of the edges together, and then fold the other sides of the edges together. 5. Arrange them in a baking pan. Brush oil on top of the pastry sheet. Bake them at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes. When the puff turns golden brown and the outer covering becomes flaky and crispy, switch off.Now, Egg Puffs are ready! Serve hot with hot tea!
- You can adjust the spice level based on your preference.
- Make sure you thaw or bring the pastry sheet to room temperature before baking.
- Before baking, you can seal the edges of the puff by pressing them gently so that they do not open up while baking.
- For light golden brown color, you can brush the pastry sheet with egg white before baking.
Egg Puffs Recipe below: