Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe
Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe – I am a die hard fan of Black Forest Cake. When I was young, I used to have Black Forest atleast four times a week.
After moving to US, I found it difficult to find it in the stores. I was literally craving for this cake. Not many recipes matched the exact taste. Finally, I tried this recipe from Divyascookbook. Voila…it came out very well.
These days, Black Forest Cake seems to be costly too. I learned that a piece of cake costs about Rs.40 in India. My friends kids’ just love this cake and whenever they come home, they ask me to make this Black Forest Cake for them. This cake is definitely a BIG HIT in my kitchen.
Preparation Time. 20 minutes
Bake Time. 30 to 40 minutes
Recipe Category. Dessert
Recipe Cuisine. German
For the cake
Condensed milk – 400gms (1 can)Maida – 225gms
Aerated cola – 200 ml (I use Coke/Pepsi)
Butter – 125gms
Cocoa powder – 3 to 4 tablespoons
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
For the sugar syrup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
For the cream
Fresh cream/cool whip – 300 ml
Powdered sugar – 4 to 5 tablespoons
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
For the decoration
Cherries – as required
Hersheys milk chocolate giant bar – 1 no.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make the cake
1. Put melted butter and condensed milk in a big bowl and beat well.
2. Sift together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Add the maida mixture to the condensed milk mixture little by little by adding aerated cola in between. Repeat it until maida and cola are over.
4. Apply butter to the cake pan and pour the cake mixture. Bake for 30-40 mins or check using a toothpick if the cake is done. Cool down the cake.
Note. Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
To make the sugar syrup
In a pan, put sugar and water and boil till the sugar turns golden brown. You can also use the syrup in tinned cherries.
To make the cream
Mix the ingredients found under cream and beat well.Keep refrigerated till use otherwise it will start becoming soggy.
Note. If you are concerned about high calories and don’t like vanilla essence, you can use the cream directly without adding powdered sugar.
Black Forest Cake is very easy to decorate too.you don’t need buttercream icing or royal icing or colors. All you need is just the cream and a chocolate bar. You can also be very creative in decorating this cake. Grate the chocolate bar or get chocolate curls using a peeler.
To assemble the cake
1. Cut the cake into 3-4 layers.
2. In the serving tray, keep one layer of the cake and sprinkle 3-4 tbsp sugar syrup or you can use the syrup found in the cherries tin.
3. Spread 2-3 tbsp of whipped cream on top of the cake.
4. Repeat the same with the other layers. Now, cover the topmost cake layer and also the sides of the cake with the cream.
5. Then decorate the cake with the chocolate curls or grated chocolate and cherries.
6. Keep refrigerated.
Now, the Eggless Black Forest Cake is ready!
- Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and it should come out clean. Remove from the oven. Leave aside for 30 mins and invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Turn the cake back over and cool further.
Eggless Black Forest Cake recipe below: