Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies, Fruit Cookies – A tasty and mouth-watering cookies which is perfect for a tea-time snack.
Most often, I bake cupcakes for my elder daughter Sanvi. She loves Banana Muffin and Carrot Cupcake. I have not experimented much with cookies. My husband loves Tutti Frutti and cherries. Whenever he goes to buy grocery, he will come home with cherries and tutti frutti. Sometimes, I have them in abundance.
Four days back, I wanted to use tutti frutti in cakes or cookies. Then I came up with this Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies recipe which I had written long back in my recipe book.
When Sanvi and Gj were not at home, I wanted to make these cookies before they came. Just wanted to give them a surprise. Sanvi and Gj fell in love with the cookies. Sanvi likes the cookies because it looks so colorful. If you are planning treats for a kids’ party, then I am sure this cookie will be loved by all the kids.
Now my hubby says that whenever he buys tutti frutti, I have to make this cookie for him. Hmmm…I will never get bored baking this Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies.
Tips for a beginner baker:
Basics of baking a cake
Cake baking problems & causes
How to Preheat the Oven?
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Freezing Time. 40 minutes
Baking Time. 10 to 15 minutes
Serves. 20 to 24 cookies
Recipe Category. Snack
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
Powdered sugar/icing sugar – 1/2 cup
Softened unsalted butter – 6 tablespoon
Tutti frutti – 4 tablespoon
Milk – 2 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter and powdered sugar. Beat it until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla essence and All Purpose Flour. Stir well.
3. Now add tutti frutti and milk. Knead well to form a smooth and soft dough.
4. The dough should be soft and little sticky. The dough should be able to hold shape. Now shape it as a log, wrap it up using a plastic wrap and freeze it for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, preheat oven to 320 F. Take the log out from the freezer and keep it outside for ten minutes. Unwrap the dough and cut into 5mm to 6mm slices. 6. Arrange the slices on a parchment paper with enough spaces between the slices. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until you get an aroma of the cookies and also till the edges of the cookies turn light brown. Now remove the cookies from the oven, transfer them to a wire rack, and let the cookies cool down completely. The cookies initially would be soft but when it cools down, the cookies will become firm. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Now Tutti Frutti Cookies are ready!
Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies, Eggless Fruit Cookies, Christmas Cookies recipe below: