French bread roll recipe
We have tea every evening along with rusk or cookies or bread rolls. I bake french bread rolls at least once a week. Both sanvi and shreeya loves them. It is also super easy to make. It comes out spongy and super soft. It also tastes more like english muffin. Sometimes, when I take them out of the oven piping hot, I spread it with little butter and have it along with tea.
My family is hooked to this bread rolls and we all love it. It is also perfect for sandwich recipes. Bun and bread lovers, try it out and you will also get hooked to this recipe.
If you are looking for more bread recipes, then you might refer my bread collection post.
All purpose flour – 3 cups
Warm water(110 degrees F/45 degrees C) – 1 and 1/2 cups
Active dry yeast – 1 tablespoon
White sugar – 2 tablespoons
Honey – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together warm water, yeast, honey and sugar. Give a quick stir and let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.2. To the yeast mixture, add the oil, salt, and 2 cups flour. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Now apply oil on a large bowl.3. Place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. After an hour, knead the dough again.4. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls again with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake for 10 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.Now, french bread rolls is ready!
- To freshen up these rolls the next day, put the rolls in a paper bag, sprinkle the bag with cold water, and put in a preheated oven at 350F for 5 minutes. They’ll taste as good as the first day.
- You can also freeze these rolls. When needed, defrost in the plastic bag and let the ice crystals get absorbed back into the rolls, then freshen up when needed.
- It will be very sticky when kneading the dough but thats how these Bread Rolls are.
- You can use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.
- You can use the same recipe to make a pizza crust.
- Once you take them out of oven, you can brush them with butter.
French bread roll recipe below: