Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
For most of them who loves Chinese Cuisine, Honey Sesame Chicken would be one of their favorite recipes. It is very easy to make too. The fried chicken pieces will be sauted in a sticky sweet and savory honey sauce. When you eat it, the chicken would give you a crunchy feeling. This is a very versatile dish and you can make it in many ways. Hope you all like it.
Chicken Breast (boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes or long strips) – 1 lb / almost 450 gm
Garlic (Minced) – 2 nos.
Red Chillies – 3 nos. (Optional)
Spring Onions (Green Part) – 2 tablespoon (Optional)
Sesame Seeds – To garnish
To Fry Batter
Egg White – 1 no.
All Purpose Flour (sifted) – 1/2 cup
Cornstarch – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Water (ice cold) – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – a pinch
To Make Honey Sesame Sauce
Honey – 1/3 cup
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Tomato Ketchup – 1/2 tablespoon
Cornstarch – 2 teaspoons
Sesame Oil – 1 teaspoon
Water – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients listed under “To Fry Batter”. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the batter, and coat them well. Heat oil for deep frying on medium to high heat. Gently drop the battered chicken pieces one by one into the hot oil. Fry until the color changes to golden brown and drain on paper towels.
3. In a pan, heat two tablespoon of oil and fry the garlic until golden brown. Then add red chillies and green part of spring onions. Now add honey sesame sauce.
4. Boil until the sauce thickens. Then add the fried chicken pieces.
5. Coat the chicken pieces well . Switch off the stove. Finally sprinkle the sesame seeds and give a quick stir.
Now, Honey Sesame Chicken is ready!
- You can also add toasted sesame seeds.
- Adding red chillies and spring onions are optional.
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe below: