Kovakkai potato poriyal, tindora potato stir fry – An easy and delicious stir fry made with kovakkai/tindora and potato.
One of the simple recipe that goes well with sambar, rasam, rotis and curd rice. It goes well mostly with all recipes. Tindora/kovakkai and potato goes well together. You can add cashew nuts instead of ground nuts, but ground nuts taste better. I am a huge fan of ground nuts, and I add it mostly in all my recipes.
My hubby like tindora very much mainly because it is good for health. He buys tindora/kovakkai very often, and whenever I run out of time, I make tindora fry. My hubby and myself love tindora fry. If you like tindora/kovakkai, you can try this recipe and you’ll like it.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Recipe category: side dish
Recipe cuisine: indian
Makes: 2 persons
Kovakkai (sliced)- 2 cups
Onions(sliced) – 1
Tomatoes (sliced) – 1
Roasted ground nuts – 20 nos. (add more or less, if desired)
Turmeric powder/manjal thool – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder/milaga thool – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds/kadugu – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu – 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram/channa dal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeeragam – 1 tsp
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Slice the kovakkai and keep aside. Heat two teaspoons of oil and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add urad dal, bengal gram, and cumin seeds.
2. Add sliced onions and curry leaves. When onions turn transparent, add chopped tomatoes.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and roasted ground nuts. Stir well.
4. When kovakkai is half-cooked, add the sliced potatoes and stir well. Keep cooking until both the kovakkai and potatoes are cooked. When kovakkai and potatoes have combined well, switch off the stove.
Now, kovakkai potato poriyal is ready!
- You can add raw ground nuts instead of roasted ones.
Kovakkai potato poriyal, tindora potato stir fry recipe below: