Lemon glaze recipe, how to make lemon icing glaze
I use lemons a lot in my cooking thats because sanvi likes lemons. I make lemon rice, lemon cakes, lemonade, lemon poha etc. very often. Though I have made lemon cakes and lemon bars, I wanted to try out lemon mug cake.
On wednesday when sanvi went to school, I wanted to surprise her with lemon mug cake when she comes back from school. You won’t believe me…I just took two minutes to make the lemon mug cake and a minute to make this lemon glaze. Lemon mug cake tasted amazing along with the lemon glaze. All you do is make this lemon glaze and spread it on the cake.
You can spread this lemon glaze on a pound cake, coffee cake, angel food cake, lemon cookies etc. Please try it out and let me know how it turns out!
Confectioners’ sugar – 2 cups
Lemon juice (fresh) – 3 to 4 tablespoon
Lemon rind (grated) – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, add sugar and stir-in lemon juice. Combine well.2. Now add the grated lemon rind and give a quick stir. The lemon glaze should be smooth and well-blended.Lemon glaze is ready! Drizzle over any cake and enjoy!
- For a creamy lemon glaze, you can also add 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter and combine well with other ingredients.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Let it sit aside for few minutes and then drizzle over your baked dishes.
- You can also add a drop of vanilla essence if you like vanilla flavor.
Lemon glaze recipe below: