Masala Pasta Recipe, Indian Style Pasta Recipe
Our family loves pasta so much. I make pasta at least twice a week. Earlier I had posted simple pasta recipes like Naked Spaghetti and Spaghetti Stir-Fry. My all time favorite pastas are Tomato Pasta and Avocado Pasta. This time, I wanted to try a pasta recipe in Indian style. It had a medley of flavors and my kids loved it. This is also one way of feeding kids with veggies.
If you have not cooked pasta before, you can make pasta in Indian style and taste it. I am sure you and your family would like it.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 25 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Lunch
Pasta (any pasta) – 1 cup
Onion (chopped) – 1 no.
Tomato (chopped) – 1 no.
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder/milagai podi – 1 teaspoon
Vegetables (chopped) – carrot/peas/cabbage – 1/4 cup
Capsicum/bell pepper (chopped) – 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder/milagu thool – 1/4 teaspoon
Any Italian seasoning – 3/4 teaspoon
Coriander leaves (chopped) – 3 tablespoon
Salt – as required
Olive oil – 3 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds/jeeragam – 2 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Bring 5 cups of water to boil. Add pasta, salt and a teaspoon of oil. Cook the pasta for 10 minutes or as per the instructions in the packet. Once pasta is cooked, it would turn transparent. Run the pasta under cold water and drain the pasta in a metal strainer.2. In another pan, bring water to boil and add the tomatoes. Cook( blanch) for two minutes and then switch off. Once the tomatoes have cooled down, peel the tomatoes and grind smoothly.3. Heat oil, and add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds sizzle, add garlic. When garlic turns golden brown, add the chopped onion and cook until onions turn transparent.4. Add vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato puree and salt followed by turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook for two minutes until the oil separates or the raw smell of the powders go away.5. Add the chopped capsicum/bell pepper and cook for a minute. Add pasta and black pepper powder. Stir well and finally add chopped coriander leaves.Now, Masala Pasta is ready! Serve hot!
- You can veggies like beans, cauliflower, potato, broccoli, corn etc.
- You can use any pasta you want like fusili, spaghetti, macaroni, farfelle etc.
- For the pasta to be more spicy, you can add slitted green chillies when you fry onions.
- You can also garnish with mint leaves along with coriander leaves.
Masala Pasta Recipe, Indian Style Pasta Recipe Below: