Methi Paratha Recipe, Methi Roti. A simple and healthy roti that is made up of whole wheat flour and methi leaves/fenugreek greens.
I just love this Methi Paratha recipe. It takes extra few minutes to saute the methi leaves but I tell you, it is all worth it. You will just love this rotis when you taste it. You will fall in love with Methi Paratha.
Some use the methi leaves directly while kneading the dough. You could also do that way, but when you saute and knead it with the dough, you could taste the blended flavor of roti, ginger, and not to forget cumin powder. You will get a nice distinctive smell.
Preparation Time. 5 minutes
Cook Time. 45 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. North Indian
Recipe Category. Breakfast/Dinner
Wheat flour – 3 cups
Methi Leaves/Vendhaya Keerai (Chopped) – 3 cups
Green Chillies (Chopped)- 2 nos.
Ginger (Grated) – 1″
Cumin Powder/Seeraga Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – as desired
Oil – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot, add jeera powder, grated ginger, green chillies, methi leaves, and salt.
2. Saute until methi leaves are cooked. Let the mixture cool down. In a big bowl, put flour, salt, and methi mixture.
3. Add water little by little and make a firm dough.
4. Knead the dough well. Cover and set it aside to rest for about 30 minutes.Using dough, make small balls.
5. Dust the balls in the wheat flour and roll out the balls into a big round chappathi.
6. Heat a pan, when it is hot, place the chappathi and cook it on either side until you see some very small bubbles.
Now, Methi Paratha is ready!!!