Microwave 2 minutes chocolate mug cake – An easy moist chocolate micowave cake in two minutes!
I love chocolate cakes and cannot say no if someone asks me if I need some. Usually, I bake a lot of cakes at home. Sanvi and myself love cakes and muffins. Gj does not like cakes or muffins much. If Sanvi requests me to bake a cake for her, I will do it happily.
Some days, when sanvi and myself have too much craving for a cake, that is when I will bake this microwave 2 minutes chocolate mug cake. Sometimes, when I have surprise friends at home, I will ask them “shall I make a cake?”. They would tell me, “nithya, lets us talk. Don’t spend much time in the kitchen.” I would ask them,” How about a cake in 3 minutes?” I have surprised so many friends by baking this “one minute chocolate cake.” It is a never fail recipe and comes out well all the time.
There are various versions of this cake. I have not tried any other versions yet. I am planning to tweak this recipe into a healthy one. Tomorrow, I am planning to bake the same recipe with some raspberry. Let’s see how it comes out. If it comes out well, you can see the healthy version in this blog soon. Usually, this cake is made in a mug. I tried using a cup instead.
One more good thing about this microwave 2 minutes chocolate mug cake is it goes well with almost all the frosting. Usually, I have it without any frosting. Now lets move on to the recipe…Hope you all like it.
Cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon
All purpose flour – 3 tablespoon
Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
Sugar – 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 to 3 teaspoon
Milk – 3 tablespoon
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Add dry ingredients followed by wet ingredients and mix very well.2. Transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Either microwave 30-40 seconds OR cook in a 350F oven for about 14 minutes.Now, instant microwave coffee cake is ready!
- You can add spelt flour, gluten free all purpose flour, white flour etc. as a substitute for all purpose flour.
- Instead of sugar, you can add stevia, xylitol, evaporated cane juice etc.
- Instead of vegetable oil, you can also add coconut oil.
- Instead of regular milk, you can add almond milk.
- If you are planning to invert the cake and serve it in a different bowl, then grease the mug well with oil or butter.
- You can use a mug or ramekin to bake this cake. I have used ramekin.
- The cake will rise up in the mug/cup. Make sure you only fill 75% of the mug/cup with the batter.