Mushroom Tikka Masala
I had few mushrooms in my refrigerator and did not know what to do with it. I have made several recipes with mushroom – kuzhambu, kuruma, curry etc. I wanted to try something different this time that too with only few mushrooms at hand. Looked for a lot of recipes….Voila…here I go….Got a less spicy and tasty Mushroom Tikka Masala recipe from rasamalaysia.
Initially, I thought…what…Mushroom Tikka Masala…with mushroom? OhOhOhhhhhh!!!! Wanted to try it out right away.
I thought it would be similar to that of other tikka masalas. I was wrong. The other tikka masalas would have a creamy and bland taste, but this Mushroom Tikka Masala is less spicy and tasty as I said before.
One of my friends tried it out and said her three year old son liked it very much. Why not give it a try, and you’ll also like it!
Preparation Time.10 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Gravy
Mushrooms – 20 nos.
Capsicum/Bell Pepper (Chopped) – 1 no. (Optional)
Onion (Chopped) – 1 no.
Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
Tomatoes puree – from 3 ripe tomatoes
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Coriander powder/Daniya powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder/Jeeraga powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Heavy cream – 2 tablespoon (Optional)
Yogurt/Curd – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds/Jeeragam – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
2. In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and capsicum. It would start oozing water. Saute until the mushrooms turn little brown.
3. Remove from the stove top and set aside. In the same pan, heat oil. When oil is hot, add the cumin seeds.
4. When cumin seeds pop up, add the onion. Fry for 2 minutes and then add ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
5. Now add the tomato puree and then add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and chilli powder. Now, sim the fire and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes or till the oil separates.
6. If it becomes too thick, add water. Now, add the mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 3 more minutes. 7. Finally, add salt and heavy cream. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Now, Mushroom Tikka Masala is ready! Serve hot with Rotis or as a side dish to Pulao.