Navratan Korma Recipe, How to Make Navratan Korma
Navratan Korma is a royal and tasty korma! Navratan Korma goes well with hot rice, pulao, and even Rotis. So, I make this royal Navratan Korma whenever I have surprise guests at home.
All my friends love Navratan Korma. Sometimes, I add apples and pineapples and rest of the time, I would make using only veggies. I am not a big fan of brussel sprouts (very good for health) but when I make this korma, I use it and it tastes well too. If you have a variety of veggies, just try this recipe and you would love it. Thanks to Chef Menu Rani Chellam for sharing this tasty korma.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. North Indian
Recipe Source. Chef Menu Chellam
Recipe Category. Side
Coriander seeds/Kothamalli vidhai – 2 teaspoons
Cumin Seeds/Seeragam – 1.5 teaspoons
Fennel Seeds/Sombu – 1 teaspoon
Red chillies – 2 nos.
Green chillies – 1 no.
Cinnamon – 1″
Ginger – 1″
Garlic – 8-10 pods
Bay Leaves,Brinji Ilai – 3 nos.
Onions (Chopped) – 1 no.
Vegetables – Peas, Potato, Beans, Carrot, Cauliflower, Capsicum etc. If you want, you can also add apple and pineapple.
Tomato (Chopped) – 1 no.
Paneer Cubes – 1/2 cup (Optional)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder/Kothamalli Powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Almond/Cashew/Pistachios – 3 tablespoons
Raisins – Few
Cream – 2 tablespoon
Coriander Leaves – as desired
Salt – as desired
Ghee/Oil – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grind the items that are listed under “To Grind” to a semi fine paste. Set aside.
2. Fry paneer cubes in ghee. Set the fried paneer cubes aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil/ghee and add bay leaves and onions followed by salt. Saute until onions turn transparent.When onions become transparent, add the ground paste.
4. Stir well and then add vegetables. Fry well for five minutes and then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala powder.
5. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, and then add tomatoes.
6. Add a cup of water. Boil for 5 minutes. Now grind almond, cashews and pistachios to a fine powder.
7. Add the fine powder and raisins and saute for three more minutes.8. Finally, simmer the flame and add cream, fried paneer cubes, and coriander leaves. Cook for two more minutes, and switch off the flame.
Now, Navaratna Kuruma is ready! Serve with Poori, Chappathi, and Pulao.
Navratan Korma goes well with the following recipes:
Navaratan Korma recipe below: