Oats Idli Recipe, Instant Oats Idli Recipe
Oats Idli Recipe. A healthy and easy breakfast made with rava, oats, curd/yoghurt and spices. Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
I know oats has got so many health benefits, but for some reason I am not a big fan of oats. Just because its healthy, I make Oats recipes once in awhile. I am fine with Oats beverages like Banana Oat Smoothie or simple dish like Oats Curd Rice. Gj likes Lemon Oats and Oats Porridge. So, I make only these dishes often.
Off late, I am trying few other oats recipes too. So, hereafter you will find many oats recipes posted in my blog.
Oats Idli recipe is very simple and easy to make. Now, Oats Idli has become one of my favorite oats dishes. I am going to make it often. Hope you all like it too.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 8 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. South Indian
Recipe Category. Breakfast
Oats/qick cooking oats/rolled oats – 1 cup (Oats flour – 2 cups)
Sooji/rava – 1 cup
Fresh or sour curd/yogurt – 1 cup
Carrot (grated) – 1/2 cup
Green chillies/pachai milagai (chopped) – 2 nos.
Coriander leaves/kothamalli – 3 tablespoon
Curry leaves (chopped) – 1 sprig
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon or Eno – 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts (sliced) – 10 nos.
Salt – as required
Water – 1.5 cups or as required
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds/kadugu – 1 teaspoon
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds/jeeragam – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida/hing – 1/4 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grind oats in a grinder or blender to a fine flour without adding water.2. To make the seasoning, heat a tablespoon of oil and let the mustard seeds splutter. Then add urad dal and cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds sizzle, add asafoetida and switch off. Set the seasoning aside. In a mixing bowl, add oats flour, rava, and curd.3. Then add curry leaves, grated carrot, coriander leaves, green chillies, salt, baking soda or eno, and seasoning. Stir well. 4. Add 1.5 cups of water and cashew nuts. Stir well. The batter should be in a pouring consistency. If the batter is thick, add more water.5. Add 1/5 cups of water in the idli pan, and grease the idli mould with oil or ghee. 6. Pour a ladle of batter in each of the greased idli mould. Close the steamer/idli cooker or pressure cooker and steam it for 8 minutes. After 8 to 10 minutes, carefully open the lid. Let it cool for about 2 minutes. To check if the idli is cooked, run a toothpick into the idli and if it comes out clean, then the idli is cooked.Now, Oats Idli is ready. Serve with Sambar or any chutney of your choice.
- You can use vegetables like cabbage, peas, capsicum/bell pepper etc.
- You can use finely chopped ginger to enhance the flavor.
- You can use buttermilk instead of water.
- Instead of raw cashew nuts, you can add roasted cashew nuts too.
Oats Idli Recipe, Instant Oats Idli Recipe Below: