Olive rice recipe, spiced olive rice recipe
Olive rice recipe is a quick and easy spiced rice made with olive oil.
What do you think will be taste of the olive rice? A different taste – may be plain? less spice? or less bitter? It is called olive rice as olive oil is used to saute this rice. Whenever I have leftover rice and have no time to think about any other dishes, I would make this olive rice recipe. Since the olive rice recipe does not require any veggies, it is very easy to cook too. You save a lot of time. It is definitely a different kind of rice with a combination of olive oil, garlic, and white pepper powder. You can try and see how it tastes!
If you are looking for similar rice recipes that are quick and easy to make, then you might like:
brocolli aval rice
raw mango rice
vendekka sadham/lady’s finger rice/bhindi rice
Basmathi rice (cooked) – 1 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/2 to 1 cup
Garlic pods (chopped) – 5 nos.
White pepper powder – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
Lemon rind (grated) – 1 teaspoon
Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grate the lemon rind finely.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil. Add garlic pods and fry for 30 seconds. Then add coriander leaves. Now add boiled rice and give a quick stir.
3. Add white pepper powder, salt, and grated lemon skin in an order. Sprinkle water and cook for three minutes in high flame.
Now, olive rice is ready!!! Serve with a spicy side dish.
- You can substitute white pepper powder with black pepper powder, but white pepper powder gives a tangy taste.
- Lemon rind gives a unique flavor to the dish.