Onion raita is a cool and refreshing condiment that goes well with many spicy indian dishes. You can make raita with veggies and fruits. This onion raita is made with onion and few other simple ingredients.
My family loves to have this onion raita with kababs and grilled dishes like hara bhara kabab, tandoori aloo and tandoori gobi. Onion raita stands up to these spicier dishes and is considered to be an essential accompaniment with Biryani.
All you need is ten minutes to make this simple onion raita. Now, here is the simple recipe for making onion raita.
Preparation time. 10 minutes
Recipe cuisine. indian
Recipe category. side
Curd/yoghurt (chilled) – 1 cup
Onions (finely sliced) – 1
Green chillies (finely chopped) – 1
Salt – as required
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Slice the onions thinly and transfer them to a bowl. Sprinkle little salt and mix well with your hands. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. The water will start to release.2. Meantime, whisk the curd well to remove lumps. After 10 minutes, drain the water from onions. Add onions to the curd.3. Now add the finely chopped coriander leaves and green chillies. Add salt and mix well.Now, onion raita is ready! Serve with biryani, pulao or stuffed parathas.
- Onion raita should be little thick. It should have right blend of curd and onions.
- Instead of green chillies, you can add red chilli powder, cumin powder, and chat masala.
- You can also use rock salt or black salt instead of regular salt.
- You can even use red onions.
- Make sure you use fresh yogurt/curd and it is not sour.
- You can add finely chopped mint leaves.
Onion raita recipe, pyaaz ka raita recipe, side dish for biryani, pulao recipe below: