Paal payasam recipe, milk kheer, milk pudding
Paal payasam recipe, milk kheer, milk pudding. A drool-worthy pal payasam made with milk, rice and sugar.
Paal payasam is one of my favorite desserts. I have made it many times: potlucks, occasions, bdays etc. It is kind of special for me because I made milk kheer/paal payasam as the first dessert for Sanvi for her first birthday party. She loved it so much.
Generally, when you have guest at home, milk kheer is one of the easy recipes to make. When you are planning to make many recipes for your guest, you can add this recipe in your list. You do not have to strain yourself so much to make this recipe. Also, milk kheer makes your stomach full because of the rice and condensed milk. Here is the recipe of the drool-worthy pal payasam.
Preparation Time. 3 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Reference. Chef. Jacob
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Dessert
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
Now, Pal payasam/milk kheer is ready! Serve paal payasam chilled or warm.
- You can also mash up the rice with a ladle. If you like to eat the whole grained rice along with the payasam, then leave it as such.
- The kheer thickens with time so if you want it to be in loose consistency, add more warm milk to it.
- You can also add a pinch of salt to enhance the sweetness.
- For milk kheer, milk should be more than the rice so use more milk and less rice.
- If you do not like to taste the whole cooked rice while eating payasam, then before adding rice to the cooker, you could dry grind the rice in the blender just for a second or two then add it to the cooker. You just have to break the rice. Do not grind the rice to a fine powder.
- If you wish, you could add cardamom at this stage. If you are using saffron, avoid cardamom.
- Basmathi rice gives a nice flavor. You can also use raw rice.
- You can add sugar according to your taste.