Panagam recipe, sri rama navami recipes
Rama navami is approaching soon, and I thought I will post neer moru and panakam recipes this year. Usually, neer moru and Panakam recipes are offered as neivedyam for Lord Rama, who is considered to be one of the incarnations of Lord Vishnu. Panakam is my all time favorite summer drink. Panakam acts as a natural body coolant, and I make it often during hot Summer. Hope you all like it too.
Other rama navami recipes are:
moong dal kheer/pasi paruppu payasam
Preparation time. under 10 minutes
Cook time. nil
Recipe category. beverage
Recipe cuisine: indian
Makes. 2 and 1/2 cups
Water – 2 and 1/2 cups
Jaggery (powdered) – 1/2 cup
Dry ginger powder/sukku powder – 1/2 tsp
Peppercorns (whole)/milagu – 3 nos.
Cardamom powder/elakkai – a pinch
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Tulasi leaves/basil leaves – few
Salt – a pinch
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Dissolve the jaggery in water. If you are in a hurry, just microwave it for 2 minutes and then cool it down. Powder the cardamom, dry ginger and peppercorn.
2. Add the powdered cardamom mixture to the jaggery water. Stir well and then add lemon juice followed by salt. Finally filter and serve chilled. Garnish with thulasi/basil leaves.
Now, pangam is ready! Serve chilled.
- You can plus or minus any ingredients you wish.
- Paagu vellam is preferred, but you can use normal vellam too.
- You can add karupatti for extra flavor.
- If you are in a hurry, then microwave jaggery just for 2 minutes so that jaggery gets dissolved quickly. After the drink is ready, you can refrigerate it.
- Edible camphor/pacha kalpuram can also be used.
Panagam recipe below: