Paruppu Thogayal Recipe, Dal Chutney
Paruppu Thogayal Recipe, Dal Chutney. A simple and healthy thogayal made with toor dal, bengal gram, pepper corns and coconut. Serve Paruppu Thogayal with Idli, Dosa and Rice.
I make Paruppu Thogayal on days when I make Rasam and a simple curry. I have already posted Paruppu Thogayal that does not use coconut, whereas this recipe has coconut in it. Both taste great in their own ways. I like both of them. Hope you all like it too.
Paruppu Thogayal goes well with Pepper Rasam, Rice and Vatha Kuzhambu.
The other Thogayal recipes that you might be interested:
Coriander Coconut Chutney
Kothamalli Thogayal/Coriander Thogayal
Peerkankai Skin Thogayal
Tomato Mint Chutney – No Coconut
Preparation Time. 5 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Side
Recipe Source. Chef Venkatesh Bhatt
Bengal gram/channa dal – 1/4 cup
Toor dal/thuvaram paruppu – 1/4 cup
Peppercorns/milagu – 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 teaspoon
Coconut – 2 tablespoon
Red chillies – 4 nos.
Curry leaves – 5 to 6 nos.
Asafoetida/perungayam/hing – a pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoons
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 4 to 5 leaves
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan, and add red chillies, peppercorns, and curry leaves. Then add toor dal and channa dal. Fry until the dals turn golden brown.
2. Then add the chopped ginger, simmer the flame and stir well for a minute or so. Switch off and then add the coconut pieces, asafoetida and salt. Give a quick stir and let it cool down completely. Then transfer it to a blender.
3. Grind it coarsely by adding little water.
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil, and then add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Final add the seasoning to the thogayal and mix well.Now, Paruppu Thogayal is ready!
- You can add tamarind paste while grinding.
Paruppu Thogayal Recipe, Dal Chutney Recipe below: