Peanut Chaat, Masala Peanut Recipe. A delicious and crunch snack where peanuts are roasted and tossed with chopped onion and tomatoes.
I am big fan of peanuts, whereas Gj also likes it but would be afraid of cholesterol. Even if I make any variety rice or poriyal, I would add peanuts in it to make the dish crunchy.
Last week, Gj’s brother visited home, so I wanted to make something easy and tasty for them. Since it was a surprise visit by them, I thought I’ll make this peanut chaat along with Dahi Papdi Chaat. His brother’s family liked the chaat so much. More then elders, the kids loved it and even asked for more.
Even if I go to beach, I would prefer eating Mangai Thengai Sundal or Kadalai Sundal. In my childhood days, I will eat the peanut sundal as snack.
I still remember whenever I have to learn essay type answers, I would have a cup of peanuts and eat them one by one. If you are a lover of peanuts, then here you go…have it, enjoy it and I’m sure you would love it.
Preparation Time. 5 minutes
Cook Time. 5 minutes
Recipe Category. Snack
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Raw Peanuts – 1 cup
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no.
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 no.
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves (chopped) – 1/4 cup
Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
Oil – 2 teaspoon
Note.The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Dry roast peanuts in low flame until it becomes crisp and slightly darker in color. Make sure you don’t burn them. Cool them down.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and when the oil is hot, switch off the flame. Add red chilli powder and chaat masala powder. Give a quick stir, and then quickly add roasted peanuts. Give a good stir so that the peanuts are coated uniformly with the masala powders.3. Meantime, finely chop the onion, tomato, and coriander leaves.Transfer the peanuts to the mixing bowl, and add the finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and coriander leaves. Squeeze some lemon juice and add chaat masala powder. Give a quick stir and serve immediately.Now, Peanut Chaat is ready!
- The peanuts could be with or without skin.
- You can add chopped mango pieces.
- Adjust the red chilli powder and chaat masala as per your choice.
- You can add grated carrot and cucumber to the peanut chaat.