Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a fruity and a moist cake.
I made Pineapple Upside Down Cake cake for a get-together and it turned out to be a blockbuster. Everyone simply loved this cake and since then whenever we have a get-together, they request me to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake. If I have a pineapple tin at home, then I usually make this yummy cake and serve as a dessert.
The fun part is to see how your cake looks after inverting the cake pan. Sanvi loves this part so much. Sometimes, I make it heart shape and most of the times, it would be rectangular ones.
However, sweet lovers, think twice…may be even thrice… before adding an extra cup of sugar as it would dominate the lovely taste of caramelized pineapples.
If you would like to try a similar upside down cake recipe, then you might like Apple Upside Down Cake
Tips for a beginner baker: You may like to refer Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven?
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Bake Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Category. Dessert
Pineapple – 7 slices
Butter – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar or normal sugar – 2/3 cup (I used normal sugar)
Self rising flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Shortening – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Apply butter on the cake pan. Drain pineapple (reserve 2 tablespoons syrup).
2. Melt butter over low heat and add brown sugar. Keep stirring until sugar melts and remove from heat. Arrange pineapple as desired in the cake pan. Now, pour the brown sugar on top of the pineapples.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour with sugar. Add shortening and milk.
4. Mix at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg, milk and pineapple syrup. Beat for three more minutes.
5. Pour cake batter over pineapples in the cake pan, spreading evenly.
6. Bake 40-45 minutes and use a toothpick to check if the cake is done. Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
Now, Pineapple Upside Down Cake is ready!!!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe below: