Pottukadalai chicken, crispy chicken fry
Pottukadalai chicken, crispy chicken fry. A chicken fry made with roasted gram flour and masala.
Pottukadalai chicken is one of my favorite chicken recipes which is very easy to make. I made it last week just to update the pictures. I was too lazy to cut the chicken into small pieces and hence it looks like massive pieces in these pictures. It tastes so good and the taste still lingers in my mouth. I simply cannot get tired of the taste. I have made it for my friends and they loved it too. Whenever they come home, they would ask me to make this pottukadalai chicken at home.
Preparation time. 10 minutes
Cook time. 15 minutes
Recipe cuisine. south indian
Recipe category. side
Recipe reference. chef. dhamu
Chicken – 1/2 kg (young chicken tastes the best!)
Chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Coriander powder/daniya thool – 3 teaspoon
Roasted gram flour/pottukadalai – 6 teaspoon
Ginger (mashed)- 1 piece
Garlic cloves – 4 nos.
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon – 1 no.
Red color – a pinch (optional)
Oil – as desired
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, mashed ginger, and mashed garlic. Then, add chicken to it and mix well. Chicken pieces should be coated well with the masala. In a mixer, grind the roasted gram flour.2. Once the roasted gram flour is ground, coat the chicken well with the gram flour. Heat the dosa pan with few teaspoons of oil. Fry the chicken in the dosa pan until it turns out crispy.Now, pottukadalai chicken is ready!
- You can use bread crumbs as a substitute for roasted gram flour.
- You can deep fry the chicken instead of frying it in dosa pan.
- You can follow the same procedure with mutton, fish, and shrimp.
- If you are using red color, then mix the red color with a teaspoon of water. Apply it to the chicken before you coat chicken with the roasted gram flour.