Prawn Fry Recipe – An easy and mouth-watering prawn fry recipe made with masala coated prawns.
Prawn Fry Recipe is one of my favorite when it comes to non-vegetarian recipes. I still remember when I go to my Nadu-perippa’s house almost every Sunday, my perimma used to make Prawn Fry for lunch. She makes it so well that the taste still lingers in my mouth. Though this is not my perimma’s recipe, this recipe is very similar to hers. Very tasty and delicious. Hope you all like it!
Prawns – 500gm
Red Chilli Powder – 1.5 teaspoon (if you want, increase more)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger Paste – 1″ piece
Curry Leaves – 15 to 20 nos.
Oil – 2.5 tablespoon
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Remove the shells of the prawns. Lay the prawns down and run a sharp knife along the back/center of the prawns, then pull its vein, it should come away in one piece. Prawns are ready.
2. In a mixing bowl, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger paste, and salt. Add prawns and toss well. Marinade the prawns for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and then add the curry leaves. Then add the marinated prawns.
4. Fry the prawns on one side approximately for one and a half minutes. Stir them, and fry the prawns on the other side too for another one and half minutes. By the end of three minutes, prawns will be cooked and would look dark brown in color. Switch off the stove.
Now, Prawn Fry is ready! Serve hot as a starter or as an accompaniment for rice.
- Do not overcook the prawns or it will turn tough.
- Make sure you clean the prawns and devein them before cooking.
- Do not add water while marinating it. Just tossing them is enough.