Prawn Pulao, Quick and Easy Prawn Pulao recipe
When it comes to Non-vegetarian Pulao recipes, I like Prawn Pulao the best. Even Chicken Pulao tastes good but I feel Prawn Pulao tastes even better. I was planning to post this recipe but could not make it. Finally, I made this Pulao after Pongal and clicked pictures. Try out this tasty and easy pulao and I am sure you will love it!
Prawns/shrimp – 300gm (around 30 prawns)
Basmati rice – 1/2 kg (2 cups)
Onion (Sliced) – 2 nos.
Tomatoes (Chopped) – 3 nos.
Garlic (Chopped) – Half a Pod
Green Chillies (Chopped) – 3 nos.
Tamarind Paste – 100 ml.
Cumin Powder, Seeraga Thool – 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee – little
Coriander Leaves – little
Salt – as required
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Soak Basmati rice in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water and cook the rice with 1 and 3/4 cup of water. The rice grains should be cooked and separated.
2. Meantime, remove the shells of the prawns. Lay the prawns down and run a sharp knife along the back/center of the prawns, then pull its vein, it should come away in one piece. Heat Ghee in a pan, and fry the prawns.
3. When the prawns turn golden brown, switch off. Keep it aside.In the same pan, heat Ghee and add sliced onions.
4. Saute until onions turn golden brown, and add chopped green chillies and garlic. Stir well and then add salt and cumin powder. Saute well.
5. Once onions turn little dark brown, add chopped tomatoes and saute well.
6. Then add coriander leaves and tamarind paste. Cook for three minutes.Add boiled rice and gently stir well.
7. Then add the fried prawns and give a quick gentle stir.
Now, Prawn Pulao is ready!
- Do not overcook the prawns or it will turn tough.
- Make sure you clean the prawns and devein them before cooking.
Prawn Pulao, Quick and Easy Prawn Pulao recipe below: