The onions and tomatoes blend well and result in this mouth-watering dish-Prawn Tomato Masala. My family’s favorite dish. Ohh! not to forget the fresh curry leaves. Fresh curry leaves simply add a fresh flavor to this mouth-watering dish.
Prawn Tomato Masala recipe is very similar to Prawn Thokku. It is very easy to make and I make it to almost all my guests. Hope you all like my Prawn Tomato Masala.
Prawn lovers, if you are looking for more prawn recipes, then you might try Prawn Pulao, which is very easy to make and goes well with any spicy gravy. If you are looking for some gravy, then you could try my Prawn Curry.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. South Indian
Recipe Category. Side
Serves. 3 Persons
Onions (chopped) – 2 nos.
Shrimp (Prawn/Iral) – 1lb
Tomatoes (chopped) – 3 nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 1 strand
Cumin powder/Seeraga thool – 1 to 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder/Kothamalli thool – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Green Chillies (slitted) – 3 nos.
Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – a handful
Salt – as desired
Oil – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Clean the shrimp by cutting off its head and tail. Devein it. Meanwhile, in a pan, heat oil. Add onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell goes off.
2. Add green chillies, tomatoes, and curry leaves. Cook till the oil separates.Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt.
3. Cook for four minutes.Add shrimp and cook till the water evaporates.5. Shrimp should blend nicely with the masala. Do not cook for more than eight minutes otherwise shrimp will become rubbery. Garnish the shrimp tomato masala using coriander leaves.Now, Shrimp Tomato Masala is ready!!! You can serve the Prawn Tomato Masala with Dosa, Idly, Phulka, Sambar, Rasam and Curd Rice.
- Do not overcook the prawns or it will turn tough.
- Make sure you clean the prawns and devein them before cooking.
Prawn Tomato Masala Recipe, Shrimp Tomato Masala recipe below: