Ragi Dosa Recipe, Instant Finger Millet Dosa Recipe
Ragi Dosa Recipe. A nutritious instant dosa made with ragi, urad dal batter and few basic ingredients. You can serve the dosa with any spicy chutney of your choice.
I am sure many of you might know that Ragi has so much of goodness in it. Before my wedding, the only recipe I knew with Ragi was Ragi Puttu. Only for the past two years, I have been cooking a variety of Ragi recipes. I make Ragi Adai and Ragi Dosa very often at home say at least once a week.
Ragi Dosa is very easy to make and all you need is very basic ingredients. Ragi Dosa takes time to cook, other than that it is very simple to make. Also, Ragi Dosa goes well with spicy chutney or even coconut chutney. I personally like Onion Chutney and Ragi Dosa combination.
Try Ragi Dosa and I am sure you will like it.
Preparation Time. 5 minutes.
Cook Time. 5 minutes per dosa
Recipe Cuisine. South Indian
Recipe Category. Breakfast
Ragi Flour/Finger Millet Flour – 1 cup
Idli Dosa Batter – 1 cup
Onion (Finely Chopped) – 1 no.
Green Chilli (Finely Chopped) – 1 no.
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Cumin Seeds/Jeeragam – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Water – as required
Oil – as required
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add ragi flour, idli dosa batter, water and salt. Mix well and then add chopped onion, green chilly, curry leaves, and cumin seeds.
2. Combine well to form a batter. The consistency should be like that of idli dosa better.Heat the dosa pan. Then take a ladle full of batter and spread it in a circular motion. Drizzle two drops of oil on the edges of the dosa.
3. Once the dosa turns golden brown on one side, turn it over and cook the other side too. When the dosa becomes crispy, remove it off from the pan.
Now, Ragi Dosa is ready! Serve hot with Hotel Style Coconut Chutney.
- Instead of idli dosa batter, you can use urad dal flour.
- While the dosa gets cooked, do not cover it with a lid.
- You can also make a thick dosa like adai instead of dosa.
Ragi Dosa Recipe, Instant Ragi Dosa Recipe Below: