Rice and Dal Adai Recipe, Arisi Paruppu Adai. With rice and dal, you can make this quick, crispy and tasty adai.
When I do not find time to make dosa and Idly batter, I make this adai and have it along with sambar, Avial and chutney. I will have two adai, and my stomach becomes full. Usually, people say do not eat adai for dinner as it takes time to digest. Then, why not have it in the morning? Have two to three adai and you are all set for next 3-4 hours.
Beginners, You can refer How to Cook Lentils?/All About Lentils to know how to buy lentils.
The other Adai Recipes that you may like:
Godhumai Vegetable Adai
Kambu Adai/Pearl Millet Pancake
Vazhaipoo AdaiPreparation Time: 1 and 1/2 hours soaking and 10 mins for grinding (Using Mixer)
Cooking Time: Under 10 minutes
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Makes: 2 persons
Raw rice/Pachai arisi – 2 1/2 cups
Bengal gram/kadalai paruppu – 1/4 cup
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu – 1/4 cup
Coconut (grated) – 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds/jeeragam – 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder/milagu thool – 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida/perungayam – a pinch
Red chillies – 5 to 6 nos.
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Oil – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for 1 and 1/2 hours. Wash and soak the dals for 1/2 hour just before you are going to grind.
2. Drain the water from the soaked rice. Grind the soaked rice into to a coarse batter and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Consistency of the rice batter should neither be loose or thick.
3. Likewise, grind the soaked dals using very little water into a coarse batter along with the rest of the ingredients. Pour it into the same mixing bowl. Consistency of the dal batter should neither be loose or thick.
4. Now, using a ladle mix both the rice and dal batter well.
5. Heat a dosa pan. Using a ladle, take the batter and spread it on the dosa pan. Apply oil on the corners of the dosa. When one side of the adai is cooked, flip it over to cook the other side.
Now, Rice And Dal Adai is ready!!! Serve hot with sambar and chutney.