Rose lassi recipe – A sweet lassi made with rose essence, yogurt/curd and sugar.
Rose lassi is very similar to Sweet Lassi except that it is flavored with rose syrup. It tastes so good and that too for this hot summer, it is definitely worth a try. Gj likes Rose Milk and Rose Popsicle and I make them very often during Summer. This Summer, I made him Rose Lassi and he liked it too. If I have curd/yoghurt at home, then he would ask me for Rose Lassi.
My friends would serve Rose Lassi along with rose petals in India. I don’t get rose petals here. So, I don’t add any rose petals in my Rose Lassi.
When you serve a frothy rose drink, how would you not like it? Try it out for this Summer and you’ll love it.
Thick Curd (Chilled) – 1 cup
Milk (Chilled) – 1/4 cup
Rose Syrup – 1 tablespoon
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Ice Cubes – few for serving (Optional)
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, add curd and sugar followed by rose syrup. Stir well.
2. Now add milk and blend until frothy in a blender or mixer.
Now, Rose Lassi is ready! Serve chill with ice cubes.
- Please adjust sugar according to your sweet preference.
- For a richer version, you can a tablespoon of malai.
- You can also add cardamom powder and even replace rose syrup with rooh afza.
- You can also garnish with nuts of your choice.
- You can also blend the lassi with 3 to 4 dried rose petals or fresh rose petals.
Rose lassi recipe below: