Semiya Payasam Recipe, Vermicelli Kheer – A mouth-watering dessert made with roasted vermicelli, milk and nuts.
Semiya Payasam is very simple and easy to make. I just love this creamy and delicious dessert. If you are beginner in cooking, then this Semiya Payasam will make your life a lot easier. Try it out and I am sure you will relish it.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Dessert
Vermicelli/Semiya – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom/Elaichi – 1 no. or Cardamom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cashew Nuts – 6 nos.
Raisins – 6 nos.
Salt – a pinch
Ghee – 2 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Heat a teaspoon of ghee in medium-low flame and roast vermicelli by stirring continuously until light golden brown. Set it aside.
2. In the same pan and in low flame, add a teaspoon of ghee and roast cashew nuts and raisins. Once raisins become plumpy and cashew nuts turn golden brown, remove and keep it aside.
3. In a heavy bottomed pan, in medium flame bring milk to boil by stirring continuously. Add the roasted vermicelli and cook until the vermicelli turns soft.
4. Now add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Then add cardamom powder and salt. Give a quick stir and cook for a minute or so.
5. Finally, add the roasted cashew nuts and raisins and stir well. Switch off.
Now, Semiya Payasam is ready! Serve warm or chill.
Semiya Payasam Recipe, Vermicelli Kheer recipe below: