Shrikhand recipe, kesar elaichi shrikhand. A popular indian dessert made from strained yogurt, cardamom and saffron.
Shrikhand recipe is very easy to make. All you need is a handful of ingredients like hung curd, sugar and cardamom powder. I posted mango shrikhand recipe last year. I received many emails saying mango shrikhand came out so well. This is a very similar recipe, and you can even serve this shrikhand with pooris and rotis.
Instead of saffron milk, you can add two drops of rose essence. Hope you all like this recipe.
Preparation time. 5 hours 15 minutes
Recipe cuisine. Indian
Recipe category. Dessert
Hung curd (thick and not sour) – 2 cups
Sugar/powdered sugar – 5 tbsp
Milk (warm) – 3 tbsp
Almonds and pistachios (chopped) – 2 tbsp (optional)
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp or cardamom pods – 2 nos.
Saffron strands – 2 to 3 nos.
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a small bowl, add saffron strands to three teaspoon of warm milk and crush it. Set it aside. Saffron will dissolve in milk and the milk would turn yellow in color.
2. Meantime, in a mixing bowl, add hung curd, sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron milk. Whisk well. Garnish with chopped almond and pistachios.Now, kesar shrikhand is ready! Refrigerate for an hour and serve chill.
- I have added boiled milk because my hung curd/yoghurt was thick. Adding milk is optional.
- Stays well for a day or two if refrigerated.
- Instead of saffron milk, you can add two drops of rose essence.