Sweet corn sundal, sweet corn stir fry – A very simple and healthy recipe made with sweet corn.
I love sweet corn recipes so much. I will use sweet corn in recipes that has mixed vegetables. My favorite sundals are green peas sundal and sweet corn sundal. Last week, I thought I should post this sweet corn sundal recipe in my blog soon and here it is. My hubby likes this sundal so much. It is very simple and easy to make. If you are making this sweet corn sundal for pooja, then you can omit onions. Onions give a good flavor to the sundal. While eating, when you bite the onion along with sweet corn it would be very tasty. Adding coconut is also optional.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 persons
Recipe category: Snack
Recipe cuisine: Indian
Corn kernels – 2 cups
Coconut (grated) – 2 tbsp
Lemon – 1/2 no.
Salt – as desired
Onion (chopped) – 1 no.
Red chillies – 2 nos. (add more, if desired)
Mustard seeds/kadugu – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Oil – 2 tbsp
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Remove the kernels of corn from the cob. Pressure cook the corn for two whistle by adding little water and salt. Drain the excess water. I used frozen corns so I boiled them in microwave until they were soft. In a non-stick pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add red chillies.
2. Add chopped onions and when onions turn transparent, add curry leaves.
3. Fry for a minute and then add the corn kernels.Add salt and stir well.
4. On a low flame, add the grated coconut and stir quickly for 2 minutes. The coconut should blend well with the corns. Switch off the stove and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Now, sweet corn sundal is ready!
- You can skip onion if you want, but onions enhances the flavor.