Sweet diamond cuts recipe, diamond cuts recipe with wheat flour
Sweet diamond cuts recipe, diamond cuts using wheat flour. A crispy, sweet and tasty snack made with whole wheat flour.
Usually, sweet diamond cuts are made using maida/all purpose flour, but I wanted to try out a healthier version using whole wheat flour.
I tried it out using whole wheat flour last month. Since then, I’ve been making this sweet diamond cuts recipe again and again. The slight sweetness that come from the sweet diamond cuts will not only excite some of you, but would also make you dreadfully addictive.
Sweet diamond cuts are one of the yummiest snacks you can make for your kids. This go well for a small party just because they are humble and homely, so would always be a hit.
I have tried two methods: rolling the diamond cuts into powdered sugar and adding the sugar syrup to the diamond cuts. Both tasted equally good.
I think it’s high time I post this yummy and devious sweet diamond cuts recipe. You’ll love it, and your kids will, too!
Whole wheat flour/godumai – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Notes. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, and ghee. Add water little by little.
2. Knead the dough to form a pliable dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Then make equal sized balls out the dough.
3. Roll the dough evenly. The dough could be rolled thick or thin as per your wish. I have rolled it thinly. 4. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut out thin strips diagonally to form little diamonds. You can achieve this by using a thin ladle.5. Heat oil for deep frying. When oil is hot, drop little diamonds gently and fry until golden brown. Do not crowd the pan with little diamonds. Fry them in batches.6. Have powdered sugar ready in a plate. After you take out the little diamonds from the hot oil, add them immediately to the powdered sugar and toss well. Sweet diamond cuts should be coated well with the powdered sugar.
7. Another method-After you fry the diamond cuts, place them in a bowl. You can add the sugar syrup or gulab jamun syrup to the diamond cuts and toss it well. Now, sweet diamond cuts are ready to munch! Store them in an airtight container.
- You can add gulab jamun or rasgulla syrup to the diamond cuts.
Sweet diamond cuts recipe, diamond cuts recipe with wheat flour recipe below: