Sweet Spicy Lemon Pickle, Instant Lime Pickle. A salty, sour and spicy pickle made with lemons, sugar, chilli powder and salt.
Sweet Spicy Lemon Pickle is a traditional pickle that goes well with Curd Rice and Rotis. I like pickles a lot and I am so happy that I could make this lemon pickle at home. It is a very simple recipe and anyone could make it. The sugar and salt will give a ‘kick’ to the pickle. Hope you all like this Sweet Spicy Lime Pickle recipe.
If you are looking for more pickle recipes, then you might refer:
Apple Pears Chutney
Sweet & Sour Pineapple Chutney
Instant Mango Pickle
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 10 minutes
Rest Time. 2 hours
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Accompaniment
Recipe Source. Tarla Dalal
Lime or Lemons – 1 kg
Sugar – 2 cups or 400 gm
Chilli Powder – 250 gm
Salt – as required
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Wash lemons well and wipe them dry. Now cut each lemon into eight pieces and remove the seeds. In a mixing bowl, add the lemons, sugar and salt.
2. Keep the lemons aside for two hours. The lemons and the sugar will start to seep (first picture below). At the end of two hours, the lemon mixture will have some water in it (second picture below).
3. Now transfer the lemon mixture to the pan and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and add chilli powder and mix well.
4. Stir well such that the lemon are well coated with chilli powder. Switch off and let it cool down completely. The pickle will thicken as it cools down.
Now, Sweet Spicy Lemon Pickle is ready!
- Add the sugar and chilli powder based on how spicy or sweet you want the pickles to be.
- Store it in an clean and dry airtight container and always use clean spoon to handle it.