Tandoori gobi recipe, gobi tikka recipe
Tandoori gobi or gobi tikka recipe – tandoori gobi is very popular snack or appetizer in India. Usually, tandoori gobi/gobi tikka is made in tandoor, but I don’t have tandoor at home. So, I just used my oven to grill the gobi tikkas.
Tandoori gobi is so tempting and delicious that you cannot resist eating them. Tandoori gobi goes well with almost all the dishes like biryani, pulao and even fried rice.
People who are diet conscious and restrict deep fried food, can have this tandoori gobi happily. Tandoori gobi is very easy to make so when you have guest at home, you can make this tandoori gobi and serve it to them as appetizer.
You may also like gobi 65, which is equally an easy and delicious starter. So lets move on to the tandoori gobi/gobi tikka recipe.
Cauliflower florets – 1 medium / 20 florets (medium-sized)
Curd/yoghurt (thick) – 1 cup
Gram flour/besan flour – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder/daniya powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Chat masala powder – a pinch
Cumin powder/jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Ajwain/omam – 1/8 tsp
Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a sprig
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Add a cup of curd to the muslin cloth and hang it for at least 30 minutes.
2. By this time, the water in the curd would have drained. Set the hung curd aside. Dry roast besan flour until slightly browned.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the roasted besan flour, hung curd, and all the other ingredients except oil and boiled potato cubes.
3. Wash cauliflower well, and and cut into small even sized florets. Parboil cauliflower with salt. When the cauliflower are soft yet crunchy, switch off and set aside.
4. Combine the ingredients well in the mixing bowl. Then add the cauliflower florets and mix well. The cauliflower florets should be coated well. Marinate it for an hour. Meantime, preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins.
5. After an hour, the marinated cauliflower florets would look little dry. Now arrange the cauliflower florets in the baking tray. Drizzle oil on the cauliflower florets and bake it for 30 minutes. Turn over in between for even baking/grilling. When the edges start to brown, remove them and place it in a serving tray. Sprinkle coriander leaves or chaat masala.
Sprinkle lemon juice and serve with coriander yoghurt raita or mint yoghurt raita or even green chutney (chat chutney).
- Instead of baking/grilling, you can deep fry or shallow fry the tandoori gobi.
- Keep an eye after 30mins as timing varies from each oven to oven.
- For easy cleaning, you can place the silver foil on the baking tray and grill the cauliflower florets.
- The more time it marinates,it will absorb the masalas well.
- You can use skewers and thread the cauliflower florets, capsicum and onion alternatively.
Tandoori gobi, gobi tikka recipe below: