Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe. A colorful, light and fluffy tea time cake made with candied fruits and curd/yogurt.
Gj loves tutti frutti a lot, and he would even eat it just like that. When he asked me to come out with recipes that has tutti frutti in it, I came out with this Tutti Frutti Cake recipe.
I simply love this Tutti Frutti Cake and its flavor. I made this cake for Sanvi’s class party and it turned out so well. All the kids just loved it.
Now let’s move on to the Tutti Frutti Cake recipe.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 45 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Reference. here
Recipe Category. Dessert
Serves. 12 nos.
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1.5 cups
Curd/Yogurt – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 3/4 teaspoon
Butter or Oil – 1/3 cup
Tutti Frutti – 1/3 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Preheat the oven at 190 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
2. Then stir in the tutti frutti. Coat the tutti frutti well with the flour and make sure it does not stick to each other.
3. In another mixing bowl, add curd/yogurt, sugar and butter. Whisk well until the sugar gets dissolved well.
4. Now add the flour to the above wet ingredients and fold gently.
5. Spray oil on the baking pan or coat with butter or oil and sprinkle some flour on it. Pour the batter on to the baking tray.6. Bake it for 40-45 minutes at 190 degrees. Always keep a watch on the cake after 30 minutes. Each oven is different so the baking time might be different. Insert a tooth pic in the centre and check if it comes out clean. Take it out and cool it on a wire rack. As it cools down, the cake will turn little dark in color.
Now, Tutti Frutti Cake is ready! Serve the cake with hot tea.