Vegetable kurma, hotel style vegetable korma
Vegetable kurma, hotel style vegetable korma. A rich curry made with mixed vegetables that goes well with tiffin, rotis and pulao.
Preparation time. 15 minutes
Cook time. 20 minutes
Recipe category. main
Recipe cuisine. south indian
Serves. 3 persons
Vegetables (boiled) – 1.5 cups (combination of peas, capsicum, cauliflower, boiled potato, carrot, and beans). I used carrot, capsicum, brussel sprouts, and potato.
Onion (chopped) – 1 no.
Tomato (chopped) – 1 no.
Green chillies – 2 (If you want it to be spicy, add more)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder/daniya thool – 2 teaspoon
Chilli powder/milaga thool – 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder/jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee – 2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Poppy seeds/kasa kasa – 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 7 to 9 nos.
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Grind the coconut, cashew nuts, and poppy seeds with little water (1/2 cup of water) to a fine paste. 2. Heat oil and ghee in a non-stick pan. Fry onions till transparent. Then add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry till the raw smell of the paste goes off. Add the boiled vegetables and fry for two minutes.3. Then, add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Add two cups of water and boil well.4. Now, sim the fire and add the ground cashew-poppy seeds-coconut paste. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garam masala powder (optional) and cook for 2 more minutes. Finally, add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.Now, vegetable kurma is ready! Serve with rice/parathas, poori and pulao.
- Kurma will thicken with time. If you refrigerate it, the vegetables will absorb the kurma.
- You can add 2-3 tablespoons of cream to the kurma. It would give a richer taste.
- You can add curry leaves while frying ginger garlic paste.
- You can add 2 tablespoons of curd at the end while at the time you switch off the stove. It will give a slight tanginess to the kurma.
- You can omit garam masala powder and add 1 cinnamon, 1 clove and 1 cardamom.
- You can add any vegetables you want. Sometimes, I would add soya chunk and broccoli.
- If you are adding raw vegetables, then add 1.5 cups of water and cook covered. Cook the vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes or till they are 3/4th cooked. Then add the masala powders.
Vegetable kurma, hotel style vegetable korma recipe below: